Tuesday 8 May 2012

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

Oh yeah, yeah the whole weekend through!

It was my birthday on Friday and I was lucky to spend the whole weekend celebrating!  More about that later.  

But first dah dah dah dah dahhhh (sorry imagine fanfare there) the first birthday present I received for the day was my very first follower on my blog.  A lovely lady all the way from California has signed up as my very first follower!  I cannot tell you in enough words here, just how very, very happy that has made me and on my birthday too! - thank you so much X.  Now, of course, I would love more people to join her and keep her company so that she doesn't get all lonely there.  Also, I would love to receive more comments about the blog (nice ones of course!).  I have had a few comments so far, but would love to receive more.  


Now as I was saying, Friday was my birthday.  So here is a little peek at some of the things I received ......


DD made me this delicious cake with fresh cream and fresh strawberries (it was delicious, Shh don't tell Slimming Club lady).


Then these lovely flowers arrived .....






They were from DS and they were gorgeous!! The tulips have the most delicate petals that I have ever seen ....


DH got some wonderful books for me (amazing how he knows which ones to select) ......





 and some lovely hand painted wooden ornaments by a local artist.  Each one she makes is different, and the detail is so small, she has to use a magnifying glass to work on them ......

 I have been told by the shop that you can only buy them here www.staacks.co.uk
and the shop will only tell me that her name is Anne (probably because they want everyone to go through them, not directly to the artist).  They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes (I have my eye on a beach hut next). 


I also had cards and presents from other members of my lovely family, and I had coffee in the afternoon with a group of my friends.  I had a very nice day indeed.  A big present from DH was still to come - he had booked a night away for us in Harrogate and I will tell you all about that in my next post.  Bye for now, will be back very soon!
 


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Flowers, cake, books... Sounds like a great birthday! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely presents! Your hubby did very well! Our birthdays are on the same day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Woollybudgie, hope you had a lovely day too!

    Daisy x

    ReplyDelete