Monday 12 March 2012

What a Difference today Makes

Well I've done it! After many weeks, months and years of thinking about it, I've taken the plunge and here I am at last, in the wide world of blogging. I am already a member of ravelry, and have been for quite some time. Just Facebook and Twitter to conquer now......

Like most craftaholics, I enjoy all things fibre to do with knitting or sewing. But knitting is my first love and has been with me since I was 5 years old. As a teenager I would spend hours choosing a pattern to knit. Then eventually I would make my choice and start knitting, only to be seduced by another pattern. This would mean having to frog what I was knitting and start the process all over again. I didn't realise at the time, but it occurs to me now that this was probably due to lack of funds for new yarn and although it would take such a long time before I actually finished a garment, the amount of experience I gained from knitting up one lot of yarn over and over again, was priceless.

Anyway, back to the present. I am hoping that a blog will enable me to share my knitting and sewing experiences with others. I am hoping to design some patterns of my own, run some classes at a local craft shop and start a knitting group. I have been thinking about doing these things for a long long time, but today is the very special day that I am making a start on all these things and I hope to share them with you along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment